Profile image for mmbs48

Last Sunday night I was woken in the middle of the night (around 2.00 a.m. on the morning of Monday 28th May) by a helicopter flying noisily overhead (this is on the South East side of Nailsea). I'd assumed it was the police, but their website says their helicopter was in use that night. Did anyone else hear it? and does anyone know whose it was?

By mmbs48 at 22:21 on 01/06/12

Re-post           

• Profile image for Carol_Deacon

Sorry, I was fast asleep but I have sent a formal request for information to the police. I think we can safely assume it wasn't National Grid survey the pylon route at that time! Could have been a motorway incident.

By Carol_Deacon at 08:46 on 02/06/12

• Profile image for jenbess2

I heard it too, flew around about 3 times!!

By jenbess2 at 15:14 on 02/06/12

• Profile image for Marjean2

On top of that we had some lunatic racing up and down Queens Road for nearly an hour.

By Marjean2 at 09:46 on 04/06/12

• Profile image for Lugsy72

Actually it was the bike that woke me. i live near queens rd and heard it literally screaming around Nailsea. i regularly hear the idiot car and bike drivers who think that the laws of physics can be out witted by their sheer driving brilliance (DUH!) driving in loops around Nailsea like a race circuit. However this biker must have been going at insane speeds to have generated the sort of screaming from the engine that we heard.
    I assumed that the helicopter was indeed the police trying to bring the biker to a safe stop.

By Lugsy72 at 14:41 on 04/06/12

• Profile image for Carol_Deacon

Bank holiday finished and the police have replied. Inspector Liz Hughes said: "Hi Carol. I am afraid I have no knowledge of why you heard a helicopter; there were no suspicious circumstances from a police perspective." Unfortunately Ms Hughes missed the point - I sleep soundly through all the noise it was, I asked on behalf of the Nailsea People who were woken up. Sorry I couldn't get more answers.

By Carol_Deacon at 11:35 on 07/06/12

• Profile image for mmbs48

HI Carol... Thanks for trying... still a mystery then. At least it hasn't happened again (yet).

By mmbs48 at 11:43 on 07/06/12

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent