Profile image for The Courtyard Garden Shop

All Change at The Courtayrd Garden Shop

Its now a year since the Courtyard Garden Shop opened in Nailsea and in spite of our lovely British weather things have been going well. We have managed to sell a wide range of quality plants and have been well supported by local customers and encouraged by the willingness of local businesses to help.

Unfortunately we have now received instruction from our landlord that we may no longer use the courtyard to display or sell our goods. What can we do?

The answer is that, with the help of neighboring businesses and their landlord we will modify our selling and now promote a new range of garden goods centered upon"Garden Gifts For Everyone". Come on in to see what we have that might interest you!!

Robert Stenner
(proprietor)

By The Courtyard Garden Shop at 22:02 on 24/06/12

Re-post           

• Profile image for gillfollowell

That's ridiculous! What are his motives in banning such a pretty display of plants and flowers? Why is it these days that people who have grat ideas, and businesses that are doing well, are thwarted by people who think they know better?

Come on Mr Landlord, explain yourself!

By gillfollowell at 08:21 on 25/06/12

• Profile image for Carol_Deacon

An amended planning application is currently filed with North Somerset Council for The Courtyard which currently has permission for a glass ceiling with a larger wine bar/restaurant. You can read the planning history here null although the district council planners have mistakenly added details of amended plans for the Royal Pier Hotel at Clevedon! Word on the street is that the landlord would like to develop The Courtyard into a Mexican tapas bar...what would you prefer garden shop/ Mexican tapas bar and does Nailsea really need another food outlet? Tell us what you think...

By Carol_Deacon at 12:18 on 25/06/12

• Profile image for gillfollowell

Whilst a Mexican tapas bar sounds inviting, it should not preclude the ability of the garden shop to display plants and flowers which I think, would well serve to add ambience and delightful aromas to customers.Even with a roof, customers are not likely to want to sit outside in winter, and if it's an enclosed space are they going to allow smoking? Because, if so, and its a nice day, I would go elsewhere!

By gillfollowell at 12:27 on 25/06/12

• Profile image for The Courtyard Garden Shop

In response to your comments i do agree that investment in the area is needed, the trouble is that its very hard to work with someone who will not respond in a positive way. I would be happy to work with the landlord if he wanted to achieve a good mix of retail and food outlet.
    From a wider point of view the high street in Nailsea is fast becoming a waste land. The wine bar closed and will soon be followed by at least 1 other shop that i know of. We will carry on but only because of the help of those around us.
    Your support would be appreciated.

robert stenner

By The Courtyard Garden Shop at 22:06 on 25/06/12

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent